You know when I come across a great family tool, I’ve just gotta share it. That’s why I write about RVing, and why I’m super excited about this new, baby-step, introduction into RVing called peer to peer rentals (P2P). I think it’s a an awesome tool for families.
As more families have bought RVs (this has been a record year), more families realize that maybe they don’t have as much time to use their RVs as they’d like. In fact, the vast majority of RVs sit unused for 90% of the year. So, RV owners have turned to peer-to-peer rental companies like RVshare to rent out their RVs and supplement their income. For you, that means you can find affordable, private RV rentals quickly and easily. (Side note: Got an RV that you’d like to rent? Click here)
RVshare is a peer-to- peer network, meaning you work directly with the owner of the RV (think Airbnb for RVs). The RV owner creates the listing, negotiates the rental terms and policies, vets potential renters, and ultimately gives you the walk-through and hands over the keys. The whole process is much like renting from a dealership, just without the middleman and the crowded showrooms.
Here are a few of the benefits to this:
1. Since it’s a P2P rental and there’s no overhead, the rental rates are often cheaper than renting from a dealership.
2. RVshare’s inventory is hugely diverse, unlike corporate rental companies, which are usually limited to just one or two types of RVs. There are hundreds of thousands of different types of RVs in RVshare’s network all over the country.
3. You still get all the perks that you would get from renting from a big company, like liability coverage and 24/7 roadside assistance.
4. P2P RV rentals are often in better condition than company rentals. P2P RV owners tend to take much better care of their RVs, and the RVs themselves usually have fewer miles on them.
5. Working with an individual RV owner instead of a large company just feels better – you know what I mean? plus you get better customer service and quicker response times.
6. At RVshare you get special deals and discounts. You can find anything from one-way deals to free unlimited mileage and generator use. There’s also a good chance you’ll get a huge discount if you rent during the off season.
7. Each RVshare listing has built-in reviews and rating about the RV and its owner. You can read real reviews from customers about the condition of the rig, the owner’s customer service, and more.
It’s so simple and an easy step into RVing. So if you’ve been talking about it for while, RVshare make it doable, affordable, and safe…able (I just like all the ables).
8. If you have questions or want to try negotiating a deal, you can use the messaging feature to shoot the owner an email. They’ll get back to you within a day or two.
I’m telling you, Dad, renting an RV is a great option for beginners who want to learn how RVs work or what life on the road is like without a huge investment. So if you’ve been talking about it, why not rent an RV first to be sure it’s the right option for you and your family?
Go check them out and let the good times roll.
Swing wide and keep your eye on your tail,
PS – Own an RV that you’d like to rent and make some cash? Click here to learn more.
Here are some great articles on Renting your RV through RVshare.com:
RV and Camper Demand is High
An RV Rental Success Story
Who Cleans My RV Afterwards?